Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Working Through Panic Disorder

Both the second half of last week, and the beginning of this week have been especially hard for me. I have dealt with panic disorder since the age of 17, and the past couple of weeks have been rough ones. I even spent some time in the hospital last week because of it. Although I go for stretches of time where I am fine, when it hits me, it really gets me. Since starting my martial arts training, with the assistance of Sensei Jon, I have also incorporated Tai Chi breathing exercises to help with my anxiety issues, and it has been very helpful. I have not missed any of my training through all of the anxiety and pain that I have been dealing with, which I am very proud of. Today, I feel fantastic, and I know things will continue on this track. One thing that this has helped me to realize, is that you never know what others may be going through inside. Whether it be physically or emotionally, we all have our battles that we face everyday. I am glad to be able to have the martial arts to help me through my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How It All Started

My passion for pro wrestling began at the age of 5. I can actually pinpoint it to the exact day. My 5th birthday. My dad gave me an LJN Hulk...