Thursday, September 7, 2017

Heian Nidan Class

My training this week has been focusing mostly on Heian Nidan. Not only have I continued to train by practicing the lesson and follow along, but I really enjoyed the #5 class in the orange belt training level. I have repeated this class a few times, as aside from the great kihon style training for this kata, this class also includes a very intense warm up that really worked my legs a great deal. Front, back, and side kicks, as well as knee strikes and other moves that really provide a great warm up, as well as a stand alone workout on their own.

On a side note, I have also been really working with my Tai Chi breathing exercises to supplement my training, as well as help with anxiety relief. These exercises have been very helpful for me as well, and I look forward to continuing and adding to this form of training as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How It All Started

My passion for pro wrestling began at the age of 5. I can actually pinpoint it to the exact day. My 5th birthday. My dad gave me an LJN Hulk...