Thursday, August 31, 2017

A Very Tough Week

As some of you may know, my family and I live in Houston, Texas. We relocated last year, and have been adjusting to our new lives here since the move. My karate training has been a main source of strength and focus for me during our period of readjustment. This past weekend and into this week we have experienced Hurricane Harvey here in our city, and it was been a tragic event for many many people in Houston and the surrounding areas. Thanks to God, my family and I have been safe, and have not lost anything, other than time away from work. We are very fortunate compared to others.

As someone who suffers from anxiety, and deals with it everyday, as you can imagine, this type of thing can be a struggle. I have not been able to stay completely with my traditional training this week, due to anxiety issues. Yesterday I shifted my focus to breathing and relaxation techniques through Sensei Jon's Tai Chi classes and exercises. I found this to help me tremendously, and possibly even what I needed to keep me out of the emergency room, as my anxiety and pain levels had gotten so high, that I was very close to chosing that route. There are so many great and life changing things available to us through martial arts, and I am so glad that I have been blessed to be able to utilize them in my way of life.

Please continue to keep the people of Houston and surrounding areas in your thoughts and prayers.

Oss!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How It All Started

My passion for pro wrestling began at the age of 5. I can actually pinpoint it to the exact day. My 5th birthday. My dad gave me an LJN Hulk...