Monday, November 27, 2017

How It All Started

My passion for pro wrestling began at the age of 5. I can actually pinpoint it to the exact day. My 5th birthday. My dad gave me an LJN Hulk Hogan action figure. He was a casual fan, but could sense the popularity of Hulk Hogan was skyrocketing, and somehow he thought to buy me his figure. I remember holding it like it was glowing in my hands. I had superhero toys, but there was something different about this one. It was magic. Of course I began to ask questions about who he was, and soon found out that my dad had recorded Saturday Night's Main Event from a week or so prior to my birthday. That night I watched Hulk Hogan vs. Nikolai Volkoff...needless to say, but life would never be the same, and 30 plus years later I'm still a die hard Hulkamanic!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Robert

    I hope all is well. Below are some comments on a few of your posts.

    Role Models 14 Nov
    I feel that when parents worry about if they will be good role models for their children, then they already are. Having made a conscious decision to do something is 95% of the journey, the rest is up to the children to achieve.

    Maintaining a positive outlook 9 Nov
    I heard on the radio today that a study done in Australia showed that people live longer when they have a positive attitude, surrounded by their family members and are connected to 'earth'.

    So with your positive attitude, you're going to do just fine :)

    Still Battling 26 Oct
    Panic attacks can be devastating. I learnt that the hard way. My daughter (24 yrs old) started to suffer from it a couple of years ago. She had a panic attack at the shopping mall and I did not recognise it as a panic attack, I thought she was just playing up and got angry at her. Luckily my younger daughter stepped up and calmed her sister down. Since then I realised how shamefully and ignorantly I had behaved. So I attended a seminar on panic attacks and learnt a few tricks to calm my daughter down. So now her panic attacks are much shorter and recovery faster.

    One of the techniques I use is massaging her ear lobes (a pressure point), and keeping calm myself also helps.

    ReplyDelete

How It All Started

My passion for pro wrestling began at the age of 5. I can actually pinpoint it to the exact day. My 5th birthday. My dad gave me an LJN Hulk...