Monday, September 18, 2017

Kicking Class

This past weekend's training went very well. The class I took Saturday morning focused on the different Geri of the orange belt kyu. Mae Geri Keage, Mae Geri Kekomi, Yoko Geri Keage and Yoko Geri Kekomi are all covered in great detail, which I found very helpful before the actual applications of the kicks. There were targeting drills for all forms of the kicks, as well as offensive drills for all of the kicks. This class can be done with a training partner holding kick pads to help learn the feeling of resistance with the kicks, or practiced on your own. This will definitely be a class that I revisit before testing for my orange belt, and also a class that provides a GREAT workout in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How It All Started

My passion for pro wrestling began at the age of 5. I can actually pinpoint it to the exact day. My 5th birthday. My dad gave me an LJN Hulk...