Thursday, August 10, 2017

Practicing Geri

For outsiders to karate, most associate "punching & kicking" as 2 of the most well known offensive maneuvers in the art. In reality, there are several forms of both, and a whole lot that goes into each. During my training at the white belt level I was introduced to Mae Geri Keage and Mae Geri Kekomi. These translate into snap kick and thrust kick, and both have different forms of execution. As a yellow belt, the training for these 2 kicks continues to build by adding side versions of each, known as Yoko Geri Keage and Yoko Geri Kekomi respectively. These moves require a lot of practice and repetition, as they are not only used in kihon and static kihon drills, but also in different forms of kata.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How It All Started

My passion for pro wrestling began at the age of 5. I can actually pinpoint it to the exact day. My 5th birthday. My dad gave me an LJN Hulk...