Friday, June 30, 2017

Ippon & Sanbon Kumite

Last night my training focused on Ippon & Sanbon Kumite. These are one-step and three-step sparring forms. I really enjoyed the lesson on these, as Sensei Jon and Sensei Michael not only gave a breakdown and walk-through, but a demonstration to practice these techniques both with and without a training partner. We are also shown how to perform these from the perspective of both the attacker and the defender. Practicing these moves over and over will prepare all students for these kumite either during a solo test, or test demonstration with a partner. I'd like to wish you all a happy and safe 4th of July holiday weekend, and thank you for following me on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How It All Started

My passion for pro wrestling began at the age of 5. I can actually pinpoint it to the exact day. My 5th birthday. My dad gave me an LJN Hulk...