Thursday, May 25, 2017

Becoming A Global Martial Arts University Student

At the age of 19, I began training as a pro wrestling. I trained at the Monster Factory in New Jersey, and was soon on the road wrestling on weekends and living another dream of mine. Although I stayed semi active for 13 years, I really only wrestled consistently for 5. At that time I met my wife and soon family became my main focus. In 2010, with a passion for karate still inside of me, I found a local dojo and finally began training. I trained for nearly 2 years in Cuong Nhu Martial Arts. I enjoyed this introduction into the martial arts very much. Again, situations and lifes twists and turns did not allow me to continue my training.

In the Summer of 2016, my wife, my son, and I relocated to Houston, Texas. One of the very first things I did was seek out a karate dojo, as I know in my heart, I belong as a karate student. Through my research and visiting dojos, the one that stood out to me was a dojo extremely close to me. It was actually in my living room!

I discovered Sensei Jon and Sensei Michael of Global Martial Arts University. This University allows you to train at home and earn rank through an accredited organization. With juggling family and work, sometimes you just don't have time for very much. This school was perfect and I read nothing but great things about it. I began training in August and dove in head first. The lessons and classes go into great detail with each and every step. The conditioning workouts are incredible, and the true essence of karate is felt with every lesson. I loved it right away. For me the best time to workout is at 5am. My wife and son are safe and asleep, my mind is open, and my focus is set on my lesson and class. As a current white belt in Shotokan, I will be blogging my journey each step of the way. Check out https://globalmartialarts.university/ for everything you need to know to be a student.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How It All Started

My passion for pro wrestling began at the age of 5. I can actually pinpoint it to the exact day. My 5th birthday. My dad gave me an LJN Hulk...