Friday, June 16, 2017

How Do You Prepare For Belt Rank Testing

As I learn and train each day with GMAU, I also continue to focus on my upcoming belt rank testing. Aside from working on reviewing Sensei John's Sample Test, I also continue to practice and review on my own. My past testing experience in martial arts was a bit different. When I trained in Chuong Nhu, the school and instructors put heavy enfaces on a written exam, so there was a lot of book study and memorization. What I like about Shotokan Karate with GMAU is that the enfaces is on your progress, and how well you learn and apply the forms physically and mentally.

I'm curious to know what your study and practice methods for testing are. Especially if you have tested or are planning to test in Shotokan with GMAU. You can comment here, or reach me on twitter at @RobertKnight_ .

No comments:

Post a Comment

How It All Started

My passion for pro wrestling began at the age of 5. I can actually pinpoint it to the exact day. My 5th birthday. My dad gave me an LJN Hulk...