Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Role Models

With all of the craziness going on in the world, I found myself looking at my son and wondering what type of role models he will chose as he grows. At the age of 3 it's all Paw Patrol and Peppa Pig and fun innocent things. As he grows, I pray that he will have positive role models like I did, that will steer him in the right direction. I can only hope that he chooses to follow the examples of my wife and I, and other family members. I found myself leaning more towards athletes and celebrities, as I did not have the strongest foundation at home. David Hasselhoff, Shawn Michaels, Hulk Hogan, and Daniel Larusso were who I chose to follow and imitate, and they are also still role models of mine to this day. Obviously one of them is a film character, but he also had a very positive influence on me. I am thankful for having grown up when I did, and I pray that even though things are much different now, that my son will chose positive people to follow as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How It All Started

My passion for pro wrestling began at the age of 5. I can actually pinpoint it to the exact day. My 5th birthday. My dad gave me an LJN Hulk...