Thursday, July 13, 2017

Taikyoku & Heian Shodan

As I progress in my training, I am learning to use the forms and exercises in other aspects of my life. Last night, instead of a formal class, I chose to use the limited time that I had to not only practice my kata, but to do it in a way as to relieve stress that I have dealt with this week. I walked through both Taikyoku & Heian Shodan step by step while focusing on my breathing, as well as executing both kata as I would in a demonstration format. The things that can be done with martial arts are remarkable, and I am just cracking the surface. These things can work differently for each individual who practices karate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How It All Started

My passion for pro wrestling began at the age of 5. I can actually pinpoint it to the exact day. My 5th birthday. My dad gave me an LJN Hulk...