Thursday, July 20, 2017

Practice Testing

Being hopeful of recording my 8th Kyu yellow belt test this weekend, I wanted to not only do another practice test, but to record it this time around and review it myself to prepare for my final test. I am glad that I did. While I was proud to have done many of the forms properly, there were a few areas that definitely need improvement. While my stances were strong in most cases, I found that during my kata, there were a few instances where, due to lack of space to perform the kata, I found my footwork to be walking through the moves, and not in proper stance. I definitely plan on practicing this and working through it to make sure that when I do test, my stances are strong and pronounced during all of moves. I highly recommend recording yourself doing a "practice test" before taking the actual test. It will help greatly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How It All Started

My passion for pro wrestling began at the age of 5. I can actually pinpoint it to the exact day. My 5th birthday. My dad gave me an LJN Hulk...